Left to right: Sebastian Kumar, Mingwen Duan, Alice Liu, Anurag Sodhi and Phoenix Wu (Photo credit: Sri Balasubramanian, ACS Staff)
The American Chemical Society (ACS) has announced the team that will represent the U.S. at the 55th International Chemistry Olympiad on July 16 to 25 in Zurich, Switzerland.
The members of 2023 Team USA are:
- Mingwen Duan, East Lyme High School, CT.
- Alice Liu, Marquette High School, MO.
- Anurag Sodhi, Centennial High School, MD.
- Phoenix Wu, Seven Lakes High School, TX.
The first and second alternate are:
- 1st Sebastian Kumar, Tesla STEM High School, WA.
- 2nd Brian Li, Acton-Boxborough Regional High School, MA
The ACS Greater Houston is proud of Mr. Phoenix Wu of Seven Lakes High School, who has been selected as a member of Team USA for the second year in a row. Congratulations, Phoenix! We wish you best of luck in the international competition!